The south of the island is perfectly suitable for climbing and bouldering of all levels.
You can bring your own equipment or to borrow it here.
For beginners, it is also possible to hire a guide or take a course.
For a good orientation, it is useful to buy a local guide called Tenerife Escalada deportiva (costs about 20 euros).
- Tenerife Outdoor.com – hire services in La Laguna, Arico, El Médano and in the island El Hierro
- Roxtar – information, updated guide
- Ocho Escalada – climbing school
- ANPB – blog about climbing with some trails from locals
- CLIMBING PERMIT REQUEST – Form to enter the areas of Guaria a El Roquito de Jama
Important! To enter some areas, it is necessary to fill a form mentioned above and send it to the mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or fax +34 922 23 91 94. You will receive the permit (in Spanish) in about one week. The permit is FREE and it serves as an information about people movement and as a regulation of this conservation area. The permit is valid from the day of delivery till the 31st of December of the same year.
The area Martinez is permanently closed.